Thursday, September 6, 2007

Back in the Saddle

Thanks for a good lunchtime meetup there, Bill. Good for me in many ways... got my juices flowing, hyped up, stoked, saw some fine lookin' ladies walk through there, one in particular.

As we discussed, I'm struggling a little bit with the novel because I'm at a point where I feel like I need to write toward cementing the plot together... piece together what must be "told" to keep the story on track, to make sure plot point A meets B, etc... And, as such, I feel stilted, phoney, forced, like I'm trying to complete the essay so I can hand it in. When I get that way, I know the writing's for shit... It reads like it writes.

BUT... once again, I have to accept that this is still a part of the ever-loving smuck-ass process... the lifestyle we have allowed ourselves to be dragged into... like we really had any other choice...

So, about the GoNoGoLoCoRecoRoco... I like that you've made me think... I'm a little pissed that you've made me think, cuz I'm thinking about how much fun it could be, and I worry that that potential may cloud my better judgement... but I also need to get the hell over myself and be willing to try something new, different, even if it's slightly uncomfortable and maybe only hurts for the first few minutes... So as we agreed, we'll do some thinking and see where things go. Regardless of what we end up doing, I think between the two of us we can come up with some seriously funny shit.

Now... if I had nodded in her direction and said, "Damn, look at that cute little ass..." when your wife walked into the Starbucks, I think your reaction would have been to agree and then recognize the humor in the situation, rather than jump up, backhand me out of my comfy Starbucks chair and then dump the remainder of the sample pumpkin-spiced latte in my hair.

Fortunately, she had a smirk on her face and went right for you, so I assumed it was someone you knew, and I realized at the exact moment that maybe it was indeed your wife and maybe I should keep my perverted forty-something thoughts to myself just that once.

Great talking with ya, as always...

No comments: