Saturday, September 8, 2007

Friendship, Indiscretion, and Once Again... Those Williams Sisters

Good stuff you said about our friendship. I agree. I think we'd have found each other out on the blacktop... two of those weird kids who sat by themselves but then ended up sitting by themselves at the same table. Woulda been cool to have found each other then, when a good solid friend was so badly needed. But then again it took me into my mid-thirties to figure out how to be a friend without screwing people over... So if we'd met when we were younger I would have just squeezed everything good out of you I could take away and then left you like an empty tube of toothpaste... that's the way I did things...

Sorry to morph your good thoughts into dark memories... but that's what friendship used to be for me... Now, five years and change later, I've started to realize what friendship really is. And it's so beautiful I just want to run around holding up signs and shit. I've never in my whole life known what it felt like to truly be accepted, to accept unconditionally, to have friends for the sake of friendship, without the underlying ulterior motives, wondering what I can get, how much I can impress, wondering if I can slightly increase my miserable social status by stomping on yours...

Bizarre shit... You hear people talk about only being twenty years old psychologically... I usually just laugh that off... but learning how to be a friend... I feel like I'm in that age range... and progressing, but it took me a long time to get here.

Funny story about the mack monster you created. Sounds like a potentially sticky situation, although he's the one that broke, not you...

I think God has helped me out with that kind of stuff in the past. I've always had the fantasies, always wondered what I could get away with, but somehow I never put one foot in front of the other, never moved my body forward enough to take that kind of action. I do believe there has always been some kind of anti-magnetic push, keeping me back, keeping my dick in my pants.

Now... if Venus and Serena had been standing behind that door in their short tennis skirts (maybe even glistening with sweat after a hard doubles match... boing...) It would have been all over. Still would be. I'd punch through that door and give them everything I had, slurping and moaning and scraping and pounding for at least three or four minutes.

No comments: