Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Kid Won't Sleep

It's 9:15 and the kid is rattling the bars of his crib. He SO does not want to sleep. His dad SO wants him to sleep so his dad can write. When wife is out of town, father writes at night because he figures all bets are off at 3:30 (his usual time).

Father would probably write at night when wife was at home, but wife has an entire checklist of tasks associated w/her care and maintenance which make that impossible (leg rubbing, listening to her problems while she lies in bed with her arms flattening the covers tight to her body, talking about our day -- it's no wonder it takes me like three weeks to read a book).

While writing this post the kid has racked. Hallelujah. I'd better get cracking. If I ever *do* publish, I'll thank my family because by taking away all but the thinnest slivers of my time they've made me realize just how fucking much I love to write, just how fucking much I need it.

Oh. I saw parts of Brokeback Mountain while I was doing kid duty tonight. I cried. That's a great movie.

No comments: