Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Tues 8/21 - 2,516 Words!

First of all...

"I need a big and bad-ass Charleton Heston to come along and knock some Egyptian motherfuckers out..."

I can't stand when people type LOL a zillion times in emails and such... but I truly did laugh out loud when I ready your Charlton Heston comments... that's some funny shit there, brother...

Dunno if it was the time I spent not writing, wishing I was writing, building up the recent scene in my head, or the wonderful posts you wrote, or our discussion about writing on the phone, or taking the time to get juiced up in the blog ahead of time, or (most-likely) a combination of all of the above, but I knocked out 2,516 words today... that's like ten freakin' pages..... I'm way psyched.

I guess it helps that I finally sat down and made the decision to write out a scene I've been plotting in my head since the week I started the book... I even had pre-written memorized lines of dialogue, ready to spew, but then, of course, I had a ton of stuff that came right out of my ass during this particular writing session, and I love the way that happens, how all of a sudden a character will do something or say something that you had no idea had anything to do whatsoever with their character and you get to see it come alive right on the screen in front of you and have it become part of their character, sometimes even a vital part of their character... that's so way cool too... I think that's what Stephen Kin was talking about when he wrote about the story being revealed, his concept that the whole story is sitting right there in front of you, waiting to be uncovered, like a big block of limestone looming in front of a nervous sculptor.... it's in there somewhere.

Great to be in touch with you, Bill... I hope this stuff is helping you as much as it's helping me. As long as we are there for each other, clinging to each other when things get really dark and scary, I think we can fight off the dementors... the ones stealing our breath and happiness away, whispering, "you will go fucking crazy if you try to play this game... ha ha ha... you will go fucking crazy..."

No comments: