Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Wiping Tears

Registering my oldest boy for Kindergarten this morning... have to leave in ten minutes. Wanted to try to get a tiny bit of time in here so maybe I can start priming the pump early... hoping that it'll be wide open by the time I get a chance to sit back down after the registration.

Yesterday, I had to stop writing several times to wipe tears away from my eyes. Not because the story was sad, but because what I was writing was so beautiful... I don't mean beautiful writing as in poetic bullshit. I mean beautiful in how it moved me, how very real it was for the story, how the characters came so incredibly alive for me.

This happens very rarely, but it does happen. It is these times I think of when I hear people talk about the "need" to write.

I was flying high yesterday... so excited to have finished that one scene and to have knocked out so many words in one session.

Of course, I'm terrified of what obstcles I'll face today, but I can still ride that wave a little from yesterday. Wiping tears away so I could keep typing. That's some good shit right there.

No comments: