Friday, August 24, 2007

Support, Desperation, Third-Person

Sorry about your Linda Blair experience... I can't imagine what the car must be like today after sitting through the late-morning sun. Gawd... I feel for you.

I'm more sorry that you're struggling with the wife on the writing support thing... But I'm glad to hear that you're sticking to your guns. Quite frankly, I think if you choose to drag your ass out of bed at 3:30 in the morning, you should continue to be allowed to do whatever the fuck you want... That's you're time. I can't imagine having to fight your battle. That sucks bad.

I can feel your struggle, your desperation... I can relate to that need. I'm glad you feed it. I'm glad you don't let it wither away, because if you stop writing, it will. And I'd hate to see you walking around with that big hole through your body.

People fill that hole in different ways... but it's gotta be filled. And I admire your dedication... dragging your butt out of bed in the dark, forcing yourself to stay awake in front of the screen, suffering the sleep deprivation and resulting mental retardation later in the day... that's tough work... that's dedication.

It's good for me to see how much you struggle... maybe it'll make me appreciate the nirvana I'm in a little more. Wife paying the bills, kids at school now for six hours a day... I'm terrified of not using that time wisely. There have been many days that I've squandered... sat in my poor-little-me I just don't feel like writing today state, surfing Direct TV channels, eating ice cream, feeling sorry for myself.

But every morning I roll out of bed and see your post, I see your passion and desperation, but I always read a tiny bit of hope, and I think, shit... look at the battle he's fighting... you can at least get off your ass (or on your ass) and knock out your silly thousand fucking words... and I can continue to care about it as much as I do, and remember that it keeps me alive and keeps me sane and that it is a gift...

Like you said.... a gift... I believe that now. And what a shame if we let it go. What a shame if we weren't allowed.

Okay.. bugging out now to try to knock out some draft time...

I will be grateful, and I will recognize the struggle that you, and thousands of other writers, are going through to fight for time.

I will try not to be a big baby.

Hang in there, my friend. You are doing the right thing!

Re: Third person... hmmm... I have no idea why that happened or if it's something you should talk to your therapist about. My guess is that it probably has something to do with the way you dressed up like Elvis as a kid.

No comments: