Thursday, August 16, 2007

Jennifer Beals, Jodie Foster, Kim Richards

Great stuff, Bill... and trust me, I think you're vocabulary is, like, awesome. Much better than mine. That's because you're much more well-read than I am. And I do understand your frustration when you read great literature... I guess that's what makes it literature... timeless themes, perfect balances of literary devices, just the right mix of seasonings - character development, dialogue, symbolism.

Well fuck them.

Just tell your damn story.

And Nabokov... the guy started out in Russian... English was his second language! And he still pulled that vocabulary out of his ass (without wikipedia and dictionary.com, by the way...)

You have the talent, Bill... but more importantly you have the drive and the thirst, and most importantly you have the passion... you do not go lightly. Remember that next time you're kicking yourself around because Nabokov's so fucking good.

Nabokov - def. - a facsimile, cheap reproduction - Ex. - "Ugly Betty was disheartened to discover that her recently purchased Gucci handbag was actually just a cheap Nabokov."

Now, about recreating Jennifer Beals from a video cassette. Sign me up. I want to read it now. Talk about a major masturbatory fantasy from my adolescence (shit, probably from a few days ago...)

Then there's Jodie Foster, who I felt hit her prime (physically, not professionally) in the really stupid movie Carny.


See ya,

S.

No comments: