Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Thoughts Response

Hey Steve:

You made me laugh with that list: "I am your father-in-law, Luke. Come to the dark side."

We went to see the family in Georgia. I oscillated wildly between total serenity and complete, depraved insane rage. One moment I'd be basking in the joy of a family scene and the next I wanted to run howling into the woods where I could bury myself under a mound of pine straw and garrote small animals with a piece of dental floss.

Holidays! How do we possibly survive them? Next year (next year by god I promise) I'm going to take Jonathan, a huge supply of milk, a whole crate of diapers, some canned stew, and we're going to pitch a tent on the beach someplace and contemplate the waves for two days. Now that will be some gratitude (not to mention some serious cripplage rising from my fundament after a few cans of stew).

One last thought. I believe our buddy, Jerry Cleaver, is a recovering person. Check out page 84 where he talks about praying to a "power greater than myself." Nobody uses that lingo unless they've been in a few hundred meetings. You think?

No comments: