Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Work Today

Today at work:

1. One of the BAs (Business Analyst) told me about an affair she had with a man she really loved. She was ready to leave her husband. The other man was not ready to leave his wife. They were at an impasse but could not quit seeing one another. Then 911 happened and the BA, contemplating mortality as so many did back then, decided she did not want to die w/out having children. When she became pregnant the affair ended. Now she's happy with her husband and six years later no regrets.

2. A programmer told me she wanted to "get to know me" in "other dimensions than work".

3. I installed xplanner, a project planning software built with MySQL, Hiberante, Struts, Apache, etc...A cool tool but tomorrow I have to run four hours of project planning meetings with over twenty users (and two projects) and hope this damned thing does not break down on me.

4. I took the third step.

5. My grandmother rallied and made it through the night. God, I love that woman. She is so damned tough. Won't go before she's good and ready. If she lasts until spring I'm taking the baby son to visit her.

No comments: