Friday, November 16, 2007

Wow

Ever have a week that hangs you upside-down by your ankles and spanks you like a newborn baby? That's how I feel this morning...like I'm just trying to come back into focus. Been a long stretch in meeting rooms, my friend. By my estimation I've been in meeting rooms for at least 36 hours so far, with one more day to go. This is probably similar to your schedule back in your days as a crackerjack technical trainer. Don't miss it. Don't bother missing it man. Not an easy thing to do sober.

Had a dream last night that my brother had gone to this guru who told him how to fix his writing. The guru said that my brother must find a way to assault his writing, to eliminate all his bad works from the world through a kind of karmic cleansing. Only then, said the guru, would my brother find his true voice and be able to write purely and cleanly.

So my brother printed up thousands of his stories, purchased an old van, and then he went around the city slipping his stories, one at a time, under the windshield wipers or into the windows of parked cars. He would then follow the cars in his van and run them off the road, corner them, and smash them into crumpled, smoking wrecks.

After doing this for a year, my brother and his fiction acquired quite a reputation. He was put into prison. And given a book contract to tell his life story, which became an instant classic.

No comments: