Tuesday, October 23, 2007

BCT

By GOD Steve I still love that novel. I could read it again. Really. That's a good sign.

There's this threshold when something works, when you know it works, and BCT has crossed that threshold. It's kind of cool for me to watch. Like childbirth, but without the squishy head and the strange petulant blood-smeared alien face looking around the room.

I didn't write last night. I went surfing instead. Went surfing today, too. Needed to get out of my daily grind in some small way. Needed to remind myself that if the writing isn't a gift then it's an obsession, and if it's an obsession it's no better than drinking or heroin.

No? I think yes. Alice Cooper said that whatever becomes your medicine, that's your addiction. I think there's some truth to that. So here's to doing the writing instead of the writing doing me. And here's to a fun lunch we had yesterday, when we were young and our hearts were an open book.

Something strange. You always say that I strike you as being nervous when we meet. Do I ever act that way at the meetings or when we meet otherwise? Probably not. Want to know why? That's the writing jones. And that's a whole other set of issues my friend. For another time.

For now, we welcome a new literary work into the world and we christen thee....BCT.

No comments: