Monday, October 1, 2007

What Book?

Hey... I think you should thank the cockroach... perhaps that little burst of adrenaline helped you punch through fifteen-hundred words.

I had a similar experience over the weekend. Wife and I were in the shower... (we'll just let that go...) and she saw a big ol' wolf spider sitting in the middle of the bathroom floor. I promised to be the hero and squish it into a wad of toilet paper, but when we got out of the shower (we'll just let that go...) that big ol' wolf spider was gone.

My theory... I think that big ol' wolf spider was watching us. I think he was a peeping wolf spider. And after yet another stellar performance on my part, he rushed off to his web, where he squirted a tiny drop of KY lube on the tip of each leg and wanked himself into oblivion.

So.. instead of calling in the air strike... I'd consider leaving things as they are. In some dark corner of your office, Gregor is sitting with a sandwich and a diet root beer, reading over your shoulder. He's reading your shit, wondering why you didn't think to put the brothers in the cell together in the first place, and sending subliminal messages filled with other literary criticism that only cockroaches can think up.

Now, here's the burning question... With what book did you try to kill your cockroach (and don't come back with Kafka, cuz I beat you to the punch on that one). I hope it was something literary, but if I had to bet money I bet you wouldn't want to get roach guts on a book you cared about, so I bet it was "One Hundred Ways to Decrease Java Script Memory Footprints" or some such techie glop.

I'm dying to find out... and I think it's fitting that I'm leaving you in position to post our one-hundredth blog post, sharing the answer to this burning question.

No comments: