Thursday, October 4, 2007

No Words and NoTime to Write

No time, man. For my health's sake I think I need to sleep in the mornings. This leaves me with the nights to write. Let's see if I can make it happen.

I feel like I've been resisting and struggling as hard as I possibly can to make time for my writing and I'm just about done with it. I feel exhausted all the way down to my bones. I think I'm fucking up my health and I can't change who or where I am without a complete and selfish upheaval of my life. I'm not sure what happens next but this is usually the stage where I finally give up and let the higher power decide what is best for me.

Got a rejection on the Sugaree novel. No kind words. Just that it didn't interest the publisher. The novel I'm working on now is a total mess...it keeps unfolding, each chapter seems like it needs to be expanded into three more chapters.

So, there you go. We are like the Scales of Justice...when one of us is up, the other is down. I'm not particularly down, just kind of tired. But I'm awfully glad things are going well for you and I'm amazed, frankly amazed, that you are planning to have the novel done in three weeks. That is really, seriously, great. And I don't say that with any jealousy in my heart. I'm jealous of just about everyone (stars for their fame, athletes for their skill, drivers for their cars, bums for their freedom, teachers for their settled lives, cripples for their sympathy, writers for their books, etc.) but I'm not jealous of you because...GOD DAMN, I love you man. I love you like a brother except I was always jealous of my brother (for being the eldest).

No comments: