Thursday, October 18, 2007

Revision

Thanks for your post on revision, dude. I plan to steal your method lock, stock and barrel when I'm finished. I figure on my side I have another stage I need to go through there I take all the chapters and put them together and make sure I haven't left a plot/motivational hole big enough to drive a truck through. When I'm satisfied with that, I'll embark on your technique to highlight all the things that need to be changed. Brilliant! Brilliant method, really.

You might have eliminated at least six months of churn here at my end. THAT, among other things to be sure, but THAT is also a good reason why I'm glad I know ye.

I'm in Houston. One last freaking day. I don't know if you really want to get back out on the road, man. It's a grind and to be quite honest without the option of resorting to some self-destructive behaviors, there's not much left in the way of compensation. Much better to stay home and write.

I've got nothing against Billy Joel, per se. I just get the impression that underneath the piano chords and the bluster there's one of those super-annoying alcoholics who couldn't tell the truth to save their lives. Like me :)

Thanks for the blog entries. These keep me going when I'm on the road.

No comments: