Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Tue 10/9 - 2,661 Words

2,661 today... marathon session before lunch, and a little follow-up afterward.

Got into a scene (two actually) I've been looking forward to writing.

So much to do in the rewrite, but I'm desperately trying to not let that bother me, drag me down, etc... trying not to think and just to do... just letting the story out, letting it bleed for now, enjoying the life of the scene, not worrying about description or fancy literary devices... just telling the damn story, telling the damn story....

"In that imagined world I have a small TV that only shows boxing matches and footage from World War II. "

Not sure what part of your brain that came from... wouldn't be surprised if you don't either... but man does a little beat like that bring a scene alive. Impressive.

No comments: